Saturday, October 17, 2009

Marshmellow Cream filled Cupcakes!!

We had a birthday at work this week - along with Boss's Day...so we decided to do a pot-luck. So I volunteered to do the cupcakes. I had bought some marshmellow cream and whipped cream for the baby shower but preperations got so hectic, I did not get the chance to fill those cupcakes so I wanted to try it with these! I just mixed about 1/2 a jar of marshmellow cream and about a cup of whipped cream together. I went through and poked a hole in the top of all my german chocolate cupcakes with a straw to give me an opening. I then used a large round decorating tip to insert into the cupcakes, filled the bag with the marshmellow whipped cream and insert into the cuppies! I was afraid that they did not fill up enough so I had my lovely assistant (my husband) try them out!
Yeah! It looks good! So I went on to decorate them. I used a cinnamon buttercream that turned out so yummy and decided on some bow's and stars. Yeah they really don't go together, but I wanted to make some small bows and I wanted to use my star cutouts! They turned out cute and yummy none-the-less!

2 comments:

  1. Steph, those are darling! Have you ever made a cake for a baby shower? I saw one online the other day that was the "boobs and belly" of the pregnant mama! It was for a double shower so one had a blue shirt and one a pink shirt. Soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only baby shower I have done so far is Kyrstin's. I have seen the belly & boobs cakes! They are hillarious!

    ReplyDelete