Tuesday, May 25, 2010

S'mores Cupcakes and a Tinkerbell Cake

This past weekend was my brother's birthday and a friend's niece's birthday!


For my brother, I decided since we were having a cook out - I would incorporate that theme and do S'mores cupcakes! They turned out delicious! Chocolate cake, a whipped marshmellow cream frosting, graham cracker cumbs and a piece of Hershey's candy bar on top! Yummy!!


My friend's little niece was turning 5 and she wanted a Tinkerbell cake. She also wanted some sparkles on the cake...so I chose to make a flower for the top and a bow for the bottom and completely cover them with pink sugar! They turned out adorable! I am definitely going to use this technique again in the future (my daughter Kylee already informed me that she wants it done for her birthday cake!)

The birthday girl wanted a chocolate cake with banana cream filling. So I did that for the top tier and I did a chocolate cake with a marshmellow cream filling for the bottom tier. I have to say, I was skeptical on the banana cream with chocolate cake...but I tasted it with some of the leftover cake tops and it was fabulous! I am really wanting to make another cake just so I can fill it with the banana cream I made! What a fun weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Honey, can I move next to you, or you to me, so you can teach me in your wise cake ways?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake!! And i love those cupcakes! I'm gonna have to make those now that I'm craving smores!

    I'm new to the blogging world but i bake too, come on by and let me know what you think :)

    -Jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete